- This event has passed.
Bubbly River Concert in Aid of RevIvel
14 May @ 4:00 pm£5 – £15
Following last year’s immensely popular Trout Quintet concert at St Mary’s Parish Church in Baldock in aid of Revivel.org here is a chance to attend an exciting afternoon concert. The programme includes Mozart’s Flute Quartet in A, Rossetti Quintet with flute and horn, and the great Schumann Piano Quartet (includes some of the most achingly beautiful movements in the classical music canon), in aid of RevIvel, trying to save the upper River Ivel, a rare and special chalk stream near Baldock. www.RevIvel.org RevIvel would love to see brown trout in the river again!
- Emma Halnan (Flute, came to prominence as the woodwind category winner of BBC Young Musician 2010, and Sir Karl Jenkins composed a piece, especially for her)
- Emma Wragg (Violin, superb violinist, was professor of violin at the University of Sheffield, regularly works with London Philharmonic Orchestra (LPO))
- Catherine Wilmers (Cello, was no.3 cello in LPO, took part in Film Lord of the Rings)
- Jill Morton (sought after solo pianist with very popular YouTube channel, appeared as soloist with the BBC Concert Orchestra on Radio 2)
- Jonathan Harris (Horn, has performed in Halle and Royal Philharmonic as well as tours with Dione Warwick and Lewis Capaldi)
- Judit Keleman (Viola, has played in Budapest Festival Orchestra, Malaysian Philharmonic and the BBC Concert Orchestra as well as regularly playing chamber music.)
TICKETS £15 at the door, £13.50 if bought in advance, children under 18 £5, from www.ticketsource.co.uk/fosm, St.Mary’s or the Community Centre, Baldock, include cake and biscuits and there will be a pay-bar